How to reach Milano
There are three airports around Milano. If possible, use Linate, the closest to the locations of the conference. All the three airports are well-connected to the city either by railways or by buses.
- If you land at Linate Airport, you can take the bus 71 or 73 or a bus directed to Milano Central station (Getting to Linate by bus | Milan Linate Airport (milanolinate-airport.com)
- The Malpensa Airport is connected to the city centre through a direct train (suggested, Malpensa Express Railway) that leads to Milano Cadorna railway station. Alternatively, there is a regular bus service which connects every 20 minutes the airport to the Milano Centrale station (By Coach | Milan Malpensa Airport (milanomalpensa-airport.com)
- If you land at Orio al Serio (Bergamo) airport, you can reach the Milano Centrale station with a bus (Orioshuttle – direct bus from Orio al Serio Airport to Milan Central Station and Malpensa Airport)
Think of your CO2 footprint and come by international train to Milano.
Rail Europe sells tickets across Europe and their coverage is increasing all the time. Click here for your ticket.
ECIO 2022 and Covid-19
Please have a look at the procedures regarding Covid-19 at the Politecnico di Milano for visitors from external organisations. Click here
Here is the official Politecnico di Milano Link regarding Covid-19.
|4th May||Opening and technical sessions|
Via Daverio, 7
|How to reach Umanitaria|
|5th and 6th May||Tecnical sessions|
Politecnico di Milano
Piazza Leonardo da Vinci
|How to reach Politecnico di Milano|
|5th May Gala Dinner||Castello Sforzesco |
|How to reach Castello Sforzesco for Gala Dinner|
The first day of the conference is hosted by Società Umanitaria entrance from Via Daverio, 7. The location is well served by the public transport:
• Bus lines: 60, 65, 73, 84, 94
• Underground: San Babila (M1 line), Crocetta (M3 line)
• Tram lines: 12, 16, 19, 27
If you arrive directly from Linate airport we suggest you to take the bus line n. 73 for 14 stops (stop C.so di P.ta Vittoria 31) and then follow the indications on the map below. If instead you come from Malpensa or Orio al Serio, you can take the underground and stop at Crocetta M3 (yellow line), from there you can reach quickly the location on foot as showed in the map.
How to reach Politecnico di Milano
The second and the third day are hosted by Politecnico di Milano in the 3.0.1, 3.0.2, 3.0.3 rooms, inside Leonardo campus, building 3. To reach the campus you can take the underground and get off at Piola M2 (green line). From there, you can follow the indications on the map below. The campus is just 2 minutes walk from the underground station.
You can arrive easily to Castello Sforzesco
- By underground: Cairoli M1 (red line), Cadorna FN M1 (red line)
- By tram: 1, 2, 4, 12, 14, 27
- By bus: 50, 57, 58, 51, 94
Milano Underground Map
For more information about the Milan public transport (underground, buses, tram), (such as tickets, timetables, etc.) please visit
If you need help with the accommodation or if you need more further information on the location, you can contact
Via G. B. Moroni 33
Tel: +39 02 43 912 468