Call for Papers
European Conference on Integrated Optics (ECIO)
3 – 5 April 2017, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
We kindly invite you to present your results at the ECIO 2017
The conference scope extends from new enabling materials to the design and modelling of photonic structures, functions, devices and circuits. We also capture innovations in hybrid integration, system-on-chip and system-in-package integration. Application areas range from optical tele- and data communications; optical interconnects, switching and storage; data and information processing, including integrated quantum circuits; and optical monitoring and sensing, including mid-IR photonics. Conference topics include for example:
- Waveguide technology and platforms: Silicon photonics | III-V optoelectronics | Compound semiconductors | Membrane photonics, wafer and die bonding technologies | Dielectric and polymer photonics | Non-linear and electro-optic materials | Mid and far infrared, THz | Production methods and foundry concepts
- Devices and materials: Waveguide devices – fibres, waveguides, multiplexers, diffractive optical elements | Functional devices – switches, buffers, programmable filters, isolators, polarizers | Nonlinear devices – wavelength converters, mixers and regenerators | Plasmonic waveguides and devices | Nanophotonics, photonic crystals, subwavelength and metamaterials | Active devices – lasers and laser arrays to amplifiers, modulators and detectors | New Materials for Photonics– graphene and 2D materials, phase change materials
- Integrated Circuits: Assembly, packaging and hybrid integration techniques | Test and characterisation of photonic integrated circuits | Optical connectivity – fiber-attachment, waveguides, micro-benches and free-space | Electronic connectivity | Flip chip bonding | Quantum and high precision photonics | Optomechanical devices and micro and nano electro mechanical systems
- Application of PICs: Tele/datacom communication, optical interconnects | Biological, chemical and other sensing transducers | Spectroscopy | Quantum computing | Free-space optical communications | Photonic A/D conversion, logic, memories | Data storage, imaging, display and beyond
- Deadline for paper submission –
23 DecemberJanuary 10, 17.00 CET
- Author notification – 06 February
- ECIO Conference – 03-05 April
Submission requirements and instructions
The template is required and can be downloaded from here.
The conference paper should be 2 pages long and should be submitted in PDF format.
You can submit your papers here: https://cmt.research.microsoft.com/ECIO2017 Note that in order to submit, you have to sign up first.
Chairs and Scientific Committee
Chair: Kevin Williams, Chairman Photonic Integration Group, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
Co-Chair: Jos van der Tol, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
Find more about the Scientific Committee by accessing the conference website: http://www.ecio-conference.org/organisation/
The European Conference on Integrated Optics has now reached its 19th edition. Innovation and industry uptake is accelerating, and to capture this increasing pace, we are now transitioning to an annual event. In 2017 we return to Eindhoven at the Science Park of the Technical University of Eindhoven.
The location for the European Conference on Integrated Optics is Eindhoven University of Technology, Science Park, building 1, Auditorium, Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
Technical programme: Kevin Williams – K.A.Williams [at] tue.nl
Jos van der Tol – J.J.G.M.v.d.Tol [at] tue.nl
Operations and exhibition- Esther Wendrich – e.wendrich[at]jakajima.eu, +31 (0)6 20008576